POPI Act Compliance Plan
The POPI Act Compliance Plan & Implementation Guide
Do you collect, store or archive any personal or corporate information about any South African individual or business in any format? If so, the Information Regulator holds you accountable & liable for the security & integrity of that information.
Many individuals & organisations believe they are exempt from POPI Act Compliance due to the size and nature of their business, data collection & storage methods. No Organisation or Individual is exempt.
It is the responsibility of every individual of that organisation to understand compliance in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act; and be involved in the POPI Act Plan for it to be successful.
POPI Act Compliance Guide:
- Appoint an Information Officer
- Secure your infrastructure with a Managed Firewall & Antivirus
- Answer these questions
- Conduct an Advanced POPIA Self Audit
- Perform a GAP Analysis
- Formulate a Plan
- Conduct a cyber security, website security & mobile application vulnerability assessment on your infrastructure & network
- Deploy your POPIA Plan
- Contact a legal firm for compliance confirmation and accreditation
- Maintain your POPI Compliance